In the dairy industry business these days, organic milk has rapidly gained popularity with consumers. Now, this sudden increase in the consumption of organically prepared milk is not restricted to one particular region but, across all continents. So, it has become essential that we understand, what exactly does this type of milk contains. It is for this reason that we at ‘Mmilk’ through this article have provided you with facts that should answer the ongoing ‘organic versus regular milk’ debate. They are as follows:
a. What is Organic milk ?
Organic milk is essentially a product which has been extracted from an animal (like cow) raised on a dairy farm and who is:
- Allowed to graze on pasture.
- Fed mainly certified organic food.
- Not treated with any form of unnecessary drugs.
b. Organic milk definition?
Its legal definition states that ‘Organic milk refers to to a number of milk products from livestock raised according to organic farming methods’.
c. How is organic milk made?
It is from a cow (dairy farm animal) which has not been treated with antibiotics that Organic milk is extracted or made. If, in case milk obtained from a cattle possesses antibiotics then the it is termed ‘regular’, and is not ‘organic’.
d. Organic milk benefits, what are they?
In terms of benefits, there 4 major benefits of consuming Organic milk. They are:
- It contains high percentage of ‘Omega 3’, an essential fatty acid which stimulates growth in humans, and provides protection against diseases related to the heart.
- It comprises of conjugated linoleic acid, which helps increase the metabolic rate in the body as well as stimulates immunity against infectious diseases.
- It is completely devoid of any chemical additive, hence proves to be less risky to health when consumed.
- It consists of rich antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, and therefore when used helps in maintaining good eye health, as well as preventing cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
e. Organic milk vs regular milk taste, what is the fuss about?
As for the the ‘Organic milk vs regular milk taste’ debate, there are differences. They are as follows:
- Organic: Neutral flavor, and odd taste.
- Regular: Complex flavor, and richer taste.
So, with all the necessary information regarding organic milk provided above by us (Mmilk). Here is hoping that these facts are sufficient to provide you with the appropriate answers to the ‘organic versus regular milk’ discourse.